Friday, September 01, 2006

Random Thoughts of an Overslept Druggie

Found out the surest way to get myself some alone time. With snot coming out of my ears and lips so chapped that children scream at the sight of me, my roommate has decided to head home for the long weekend. I think I heard her mutter something about "a matter of survival." If I had known that earlier, I would have been volunteering my services at the pediatrics ward (the most guaranteed place to contract air-borne bacteria) a couple weeks ago when I felt like I could use some space. Not that my roommate isn't great; she's SO great. But I'm pretty sure she doesn't feel that way about me right now. The problem is, I've slept the entire day away, waking up intermittently to make sure my raw nose still had some skin left on it and getting online occassionally to attempt to diagnose myself. NOW, it's 2:30AM and I'm keyed up and starving. And very, very far from studying. I think it's pre-game jitters. I know that God is going to give me the grace to handle the stress of med school; what I'm still not quite sure about is if He is going to give me the strength to handle both school stress combined with Hurricane football stress. Monday's the big game against nasty Tally-town and I hope that no less than every single FSU fan leaves with wet eyes and hanging heads. I for one am not prepared to have my heart broken by this new-found love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick & Jessie said...

Ouch...tough game...

6:06 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

hoping all is well or at least getting better!! love Ya!

12:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home